𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭
Yes, I woke up to that song in my head!
And while walking my dog, it inspired this, what I am about to share with you today.
Do keep an open mind, because you might be thinking ‘OK Dina, I know what I want’
But, guess what, people actually have it all wrong because if people really knew what they wanted, what they truly wanted for themselves, everyone would have reached their goal.
And when you DO NOT KNOW what you TRULY want, and WHY you want it, you will stay on the never-ending-rollercoaster of trying & quitting…every single time.
Yes, you read that right. A lot of people want things, a lot of things, but 99% of the time, it is not truly for them and their well-being.
It can be to put out a fire in their life, or please their partner, or do it do be accepted.
All these are external reasons that don’t hit that inner button that will light you up and keep going!
Today, I am sharing with you some journaling prompts to help you dig deeper into your wants and your whys, and get to the bottom of lighting up your body and mind into 𝙤𝙢𝙜-𝙨𝙤-𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙-𝙄-𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚-𝙩𝙤-𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚-𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨-𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣!!!
You NEED to do this journaling if you are always setting the same goal, and never ever reaching or never maintaining it.
It is all about decluttering your mind, zoning in to what you truly want and why, and let the magic happen!
When you start this journaling exercise, I STRONGLY recommend to tune out your phone, your notifications, so as to truly tune in to your inner wants.
Set yourself at least 10 minutes to do this, but it might take 30 min (or more) because once the gates open, many things will come out.
1. What do you want out of your life? (brain dump everything that comes to mind and talk about it all! business, health, relationships, friendships…)
2. Why do you want to reach that goal (at least 20 reasons)? (here it is best to focus on the 1 goal that is the most important to you, and free write what comes out).
3. Who will you be when you reach that goal? (now, here is the fun part, closing your eyes and seeing yourself reaching that goal, being that YOU who made it happen! Here, I want you to journal who that person is, how she is dressed, how she speaks, how she presents herself, who is around her, how she looks…)
4. What would FUTUR you tell CURRENT you to learn and believe?
– Yes, time to talk to future you! tune in to her energy, and ask her what she wants to tell you. Because future you is inside current you right now. She knows more than you are aware of. Let her guide you.)
– Write out whatever comes out, and let if flow.
– FUTUR you might say hire this coach, or go back to school, or your ideal partner is waiting for you, or you are going to change people’s lives, go all in with your business idea…Listen to everything FUTUR you is saying, no filter, just listen and write it all out.
5. Review the list of FUTUR you ideas, pick 1 (or more), and take 1 step forward into bringing it into reality.
This exercise is quite powerful and WILL change your life.
This life is about you and only you.
And when you take care of you, you expand positivity to everyone around you.
Tuning in is a necessity, and it is your duty, to make YOU and this world a better place.
Dina Merhbi, Business & Body Balance Coach